Rules & Regulations
Winchester Bay RV Resort Rules & Regulations
For the pleasure and comfort of all guests, you are required to observe the following rules:
10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Check In Time
Check Out Time
Notice: As a registered guest in the Winchester Bay RV Resort, you assume responsibility for your conduct and actions of all guests and visitors within your campsite and limits of the resort. You are responsible and are expected to abide by the following rules.
Recreational Vehicles (RV’s): ONLY SELF-CONTAINED RV’s are allowed in the campground. Self-contained is defined by permanent working plumbing fixtures, flushable toilets, and completely sealed, permanently affixed fresh gray and black water tanks.
- Speed limit within the resort is 5 mph with the exception of the county access road at 25 mph
- You must check out by 11 a.m. or a late departure fee equal to the daily site rate will be charged.
- Restrooms, showers and laundry rooms are for our guests only and for this reason, they have a coded access system. This code is not to be shared with anyone not belonging in your party. For the convenience of all guests promptly remove your laundry and leave the laundry room neat and clean, cleaning out the lint traps, removing all and any personal items such as clothes, soaps, shaving equipment etc.
- ATV’s, Quads, utility vehicles, two stroke cycles or motorized scooters, will not be started or operated within the confines of the resort. They must be kept on the paved parking areas, not on the grass. (a) You must trailer or tow ATVs, Quads, utility vehicles, two-stroke cycles, or motorized scooters out of the resort before starting.
(b) Due to environmental regulations; the washing of RVs, ATVs, Boats and Vehicles is not permitted.
(c) Lubrications, oil changes, fabrications, body work and painting are not allowed within the park. These are environmental issues and is established to keep the resort grounds free of contaminates.
- All super sites are for two units; all other sites are single units only. Any additional camping units that can fit on the paved area of your camp site must pay an additional fee at the next lower rate. All units must be registered in the name of the occupant.
- Summer (May 15-October 14): All sites are site specific, which means a motorhome must go into a head in or pull thru site, a trailer, 5th wheel or toy hauler must go into a back in or pull thru site, and a camper must go into a back in site or pull thru site. A motorhome may go into a back in site ONLY if the motorhome backs in. No exceptions will be made. Winter (October 15-May 14): Exemptions allowed based on occupancy and Harbor Manager approval.
- Tents are not allowed within the RV resort.
- To respect the privacy of others you are not allowed to cross over another occupied site without the permission of the occupant themselves.
- Children 16 years of age and under must be supervised at all times. All children must be accompanied by an adult while using the putting green.
- The resorts putting green is not a throughway and is to be used only for what it was designed for (putting). There is no smoking allowed on the green.
- Bicycles, Roller blades, Scooters and Skates are prohibited on sidewalks near the restrooms and laundry facilities or playground area. Skate boards are strictly prohibited within the RV resort.
- For your protection and the protection of others, pets must be leashed at all times and not left unattended while outside. Leashes must be short enough as to prohibit pets from entering another occupied site. Pets are not allowed in restrooms and laundry facilities with the exception of a trained, certified assisted pet. All pet owners are responsible for their animal’s behavior, containment and removal of the animals waste.
- Mandated by the State of Oregon, propane tanks must be secured to prevent them from tipping over. Sewer connection devices must comply with regulatory requirements set forth by the State of Oregon. These connection devises are available for sale at the reservation office or from the camp host.
- All campsites will remain uncluttered. Storage of any type is prohibited. Clothes lines are not permitted. Patio furniture is permitted, however the furniture should be moved off the grass at night when the sprinklers come on. Please keep firewood and door mats on the asphalt. Anchor stakes are not to be pounded more than 8 inches into the ground to avoid underground lines.
- Once per week the maintenance crew will be mowing the grass, when you see them please help us by moving your belongings off the grass. Usually this is scheduled on Wednesday mornings. Check with reservation office for mowing day and time as this could change depending on maintenance work loads.
- Picnic tables must remain on paved areas. Tables are made of recycled plastic materials. Unfortunately they will melt if brought into prolonged contact with heat from portable barbeques etc. Do not place these items on the table.
- Campfires are allowed, but only in the designated fire pits. Do not leave any fire unattended at any time. Burning wood with nails is prohibited. You must extinguish your fire before departing the Resort. Seasoned firewood is available for purchase from the camp hosts. Do not dispose of cans or plastics into the fire pits. Cans and plastics must be placed into trash bins. Garbage bins are conveniently located throughout the park. You must bag your garbage before depositing trash into trash bins.
- If you wish to change sites, you must notify the reservation office or camp host as a fee may be charged, unless a site change is required to extend your stay.
- You may stay up to three consecutive months.
- Generators may be used only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- The RV Resort has natural vegetation and some wildlife which, can be observed but not disturbed. Do not feed the wildlife, Squirrels, Ducks, Geese etc.
- The dumping of crab water and crab shells on the grass or in the bushes will kill the grass and vegetation, this is prohibited. Please use fire pits to dispose of the waste water. Shells must be bagged and disposed of in trash bins located throughout the resort.
- No waterborne craft (i.e., boats, canoes, kayaks, inflatables, etc.) is allowed to be moored, anchored, tied off, or embarked/disembarked on shorelines or banks within the Harbor or boundaries of Salmon Harbor, which includes the Winchester Bay RV Resort. All waterborne crafts must be launched at designated launch ramps and moored in slips that can be assigned at the Salmon Harbor Marina office (541) 271-3407.
- The Winchester Bay RV Resort and Salmon Harbor Marina are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Keep your personal items secure when not in use.
- Guests agree that at the end of the term of this agreement, the guest shall immediately move his or her RV out of the park. The guest also agrees to abide by all resort rules and regulations set forth herein, as well as those posted and or distributed, plus all of the terms of this agreement. Guest shall be responsible for all damage caused by guest or any of the guests or visitors they have visiting. These rules are strictly enforced. Failure to comply with any of the above-mentioned rules will result in immediate removal from the resort and all monies paid will be forfeited.
- Winchester Bay RV Resort and Salmon Harbor Marina cannot accept mail as there is no mail pickup or delivery in Winchester Bay. Customers need to take outgoing mail to the Post Office located inside the Winchester Bay Market. Incoming U.S. mail must be addressed to the customer c/o General Delivery, Winchester Bay, OR 97467, and they will need to pick it up at the Post Office. UPS and Federal Express must deliver packages direct to the site number at the Resort address: 120 Marina Way, Winchester Bay (Site #).
- All camping units (motorhomes, trailers, campers, vehicles, towed vehicles) must be operational and have a current license and tags. Overall, the RV should look and function as it was originally designed. Self-converted RVs are not allowed. While we can’t provide a list including every possible scenario, the following are a few examples that should be helpful: Doors, shrouds, panels, windows, and coverings, etc. should be intact and not unsightly; Tarps cannot be used for weatherproofing and awnings should be in good condition; exterior should be free of duct tape, repair tape, excessive caulk, etc. Isolated minor issues are generally acceptable, provided multiple issues aren’t combined to substantially deteriorate the appearance of the RV. Salmon Harbor has the right to refuse any guest according to this rule and at the sole discretion of the harbor manager. Refunds will not be given.
- Insertable sprinkler splash guards with pegs are the only permitted item for unwanted water onto a site or personal belongings, no other object may substitute. Purchased sprinkler splash guards may only be affixed to the exterior edges of the grass. Improperly used sprinkler splash guards is prohibited. Sprinklers are the property of Winchester Bay RV Resort and are not to be modified by any guest; turning off screws or valves on the sprinklers or preventing a sprinkler head to raise is strictly prohibited and is subject to the remainder of your stay being revoked.
- Customers are NOT permitted to use the 110v plugs located on the electrical pedestals. These are reserved for Salmon Harbor maintenance only.
NOTICE: As a registered camper, you accept camping privileges with the understanding that you hereby release Winchester Bay RV Resort, Salmon Harbor, Douglas County officers and employees of all liability for loss or damage to property and injury to his person arising out of his/her use of its camping facilities, and agrees to indemnify the Campground, its officers and employees, against claims resulting from loss or damage to property or injury to the person of any member of the family or guest of the registered camper arising out of the use of its camping facilities.
Management reserves the right to amend, revise, and add to our rules and regulations at any time. Determinations made in enforcing or interpreting our rules and regulations are at the sole discretion of management. Management reserves the right to require any guest to vacate the resort for failure to abide by the Winchester Bay RV Resort rules, or any behavior that disturbs other guests. Full disclosure of rules can be found at www.winchesterbayresort.com,
For your health and safety, your space must be kept clean and free of debris, electrical cords, hoses, or other items that can present a hazard to yourself and/or others. Douglas County and Salmon Harbor Marina are not responsible for any accidents or injuries to any person while on campground property; for any lost or stolen items; or for damage to vehicles, RVs or personal property. If you have any questions, please inquire at the reservation office.
Terms & Conditions
Oregon Law (ORS 105.682, et seq.) provides the owner of the land is not liable in contract or tort for injury, death, or property damage that arises out of the use of the land for recreational purposes (known as “recreational use immunity”). This fee is only for use of the guest’s assigned campsite only. This fee does not apply to other uses of the park outside the guest’s assigned campsite area. Douglas County, Winchester Bay RV Resort, and Salmon Harbor are not liable for any injury, death, or property damage arising out of such uses of the property outside of the assigned campsite.
By accepting camping privileges at Winchester Bay RV Resort, you release Winchester Bay RV Resort, Salmon Harbor, and their employees from all liability for personal, family, or guest injury, death, or property damage. This encompasses any claims related to your use of our facilities. Additionally, you agree to indemnify Winchester Bay RV Resort, Salmon Harbor, Douglas County, and their staff from all related claims.